Sunday, October 11, 2020

Personal Updates and Planned Index to Recent Posts

Due to a variety of reasons, e.g., procrastination, pandemic, personal home responsibilities, ... being just a few, I have been derelict in my desire to post regularly until mid-September 2020.  

[I have some personal writing projects in progress,  about past cross-roads events in 1974 and 1977, e.g., moving to El Paso for grad school.  With these writings being interrupted by life events, I am also doing these daily writings to "stay in the mindset/habit" of getting something written down, every day, if at all possible.  And hoping to resurrect memories and find inspirations.]

As a quick review, I am not a world-traveling Geologist, though have I visited 42 U.S. states, 2 Canadian provinces, and 2 Mexican states, however briefly.  I haven't traveled through North America as well as I would have liked (and sometimes I was distracted and sometimes I didn't have a decent camera).  

When family responsibilities permit, my second wife enjoys History and Science and we manage a few multi-day excursions, so we still manage some nature photos, museum visits, and travel learning opportunities.  [To clarify, my first wife (1984-2015) passed away from a stroke and other health problems in the spring of 2015.]

I never claim to be an "expert" at anything, rather I am a "learned student" with a constant desire to learn more, understand more, and recover some of what has been forgotten over the decades.  That being said, from my position of being a "wizened greybeard", I can use my diverse education, life lessons, numerous mistakes, and memories as "teachable moments", "educational resources", etc.  When you reach the vaunted (or self-delusional) status of "village elder", you will understand.

Anyway, an Index with links is planned to guide you through my posts.  [When I see errors and omissions in my posts, I will endeavor to edit and fix these problems.]  I enjoy being outside, as well as sharing those experiences, and I hope to inspire enjoyment of learning, too. 

Thanks for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment