Sunday, April 5, 2020

National Geologist Day

It's the first Sunday in April.  (I was unaware of this "special day" until a friend on Facebook told me).  For future reference, it is the first Sunday of April.  (Perhaps as a celebration of Geologists being freed from the grips of Winter and being "allowed" to play outdoors.)  

As the afternoon progresses, I will post a few of my favorite photos.  [Outdoor tasks with weed-pulling and working on a rock garden on this nice day precluded completion of this post on Sunday.]

Figure 1 is probably my favorite fossil, collected probably in early 1973, from the Medusa Quarry, east of Perry, Georgia.  The host rock is the Late Eocene Tivola Limestone, a rough equivalent of the Ocala Limestone in Florida.
Figure 1.

[Be back later this week with more personal favorites ... ]

No comments:

Post a Comment