Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Catastrophic Geology: Megafloods




I enjoy the Geology information from this particular source, so I try to look past her snarky attitudes in regard to particular the views of a particular set of people (that I generally tend to ignore).  [As my Mom said, "If you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all."  It doesn't always work, but I try.  In other words, I don't post with any intention of ridiculing anyone (or at least not yet).]  

[This video is from 2011.  Another video (from 2012) addressing the Lake Bidahochi (or Hopi Lake) controversy is here.  In the interest in the dynamic (but sometimes slow) nature of the learning process (aka The Learning Curve), here presented is a 2019 National Geographic video promoting the "Spillover Effect" in regard to Lake Bidahochi.  And here is a 2008 National Geographic video on the "Spillover Theory".]

I am a firm believer in free-and-open scientific debates and the archiving of reasonable (though discounted) views.

No comments:

Post a Comment