Sunday, February 10, 2013

Accretionary Wedge #54 - Geology and Adult Beverages

Looking for Detachment's post is about Great Basin Brewing Co.'s Ichthyosaur "Icky" IPA.  You can learn more about it at the brewpub's website. I haven't had any beer yet, from Nevada.  Hope this will be my first one.  The only two other untried states are North Dakota and South Dakota.

I purloined this photo from Looking for Detachment's post.  Hope Silver Fox will forgive me.  I wish I had photographed the Deschutes Obsidian Stout bottle, while I still had it.

Meagan Hogg tweets about The Big One IPA, brewed in Vancouver, BC.

Will add some more a little later.

Just had an idea for a couple of brands from a Hawaiian brewery - Pahoehoe Pilsener and AA Ale.  Don't know if anyone is using these names, yet. 

A retired brand from Dogfish Head Brewing Co. (Milton, DE) is Pangaea, a strong Belgian Ale in 750 ml bottles.  Did not get to try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment