Sunday, September 20, 2020

To Set the Stage for Future Western U.S. Posts - Part of My Background

To set the stage for future posts - which I eventually intend to string together in a coherent chronological manner - after a series of "life events" between May 1, 2015, and April 20, 2017, the stage was set for four round-trip journeys between Atlanta, GA, and Phoenix, AZ.  The major landmark events between those dates began with the passing of my first wife, Marla, in early May 2015 and my daughter's family moving to Phoenix, later that same month.

Here is a short summary of the four trips (all by car, except for the April 2017 flight to Phoenix, followed by a quick return by car.)

2015 Arizona Trip #1: Late May - June
2015 Arizona Trip #2: Mid-July - early-August
2016 Arizona Trip: Late June - mid-July
2017 Arizona Trip: Latter April 2017

During an earlier era (1977-1991), when I lived in El Paso for grad school, I made sporadic trips to Phoenix to visit an aunt and uncle in Phoenix, as well as a Summer 1977 Geology field trip and a later trip from El Paso to the Grand Canyon in October 1978.  (Prior to my  1977 move to El Paso, to attend Geology grad school at UT El Paso, I passed through the Desert Southwest during 1973 & 1974 Summer travels.)

Sometime after my first marriage in 1984, my then in-laws moved to Phoenix for a few years, so there were a few more trips, even after I moved my family back to my native Georgia, in 1991. 


With my daughter's family's moves, my Arizona experience extends from 1973 - 2017.  So thus, that is a rough sketch of the background for upcoming western photographs and commentary.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment