Wednesday, September 23, 2020

The Chihuahuan Desert: Our North American Outback

 

[This video was previously posted on November 30, 2019.  The Chihuahuan Desert was my home for 14 years and remains influential to my thoughts of Geology and Ecology.]

As I was searching through videos related to the Chihuahuan Desert, I encountered a familiar name.  Kevin von Finger was a casual friend of mine during my El Paso years, we crossed paths often.  (I wish I had spent more time rambling in the desert with him.  He passed away too young.)  

As our personal encounters were usually during social events, I wasn't properly aware of his career as a local Ecologist and Biologist.  (To my great regrets.)  At that particular time, my primary life focus was Geology, but for the most part, my self-education in Ecology and Environmental Science had not begun in earnest.

No comments:

Post a Comment