Thursday, December 16, 2021

Building the Ultimate Campervan for Just $7,000!


Not us, but our 1993 Ford Econoline 150 has a similar history, i.e., it had a wheelchair lift and was owned by a couple of different families with family members that needed transportation to and from hospitals, doctors, etc. 

We had the wheelchair lift removed ($600+, ouch!  It was too heavy for me to deal with removing) and I took out the bench seats and built a sleeping platform with storage underneath.  Lots of good ideas here, hope to utilize a few of them.  I also like the earth tones of our van interior and I don't want to gut the interior, though I may make some improvements to gain a little more storage space.  

I wish we had room to reinstall one of the swivel bucket seats in the "living room", but that may not work, for a couple of different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment