Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Changes Coming ...

After neglecting this blog for several years, as well as my other blog, the travel-related Itinerant Geologist, late last year I embarked upon a binge of postings, partially to force myself to keep busy.  

Due to some home- and family-related issues and responsibilities, those attempted daily posts were my attempt to stay in touch with Geology and related sciences, that have been part of my life for 50+ years.  I also have some personal narratives as writing projects about cross-roads events in my life.  And sporadic gardening, carpentry, and photography projects, when weather, time, circumstances, and inspirations allow. 

When I post videos - from other people - I intend to include some of my own comments and images, where pertinent.  But those additional comments (on both blogs) take time, energy, inspiration, and concentration to articulate, compose, and edit.  In other words, those "isolated" or "orphaned" videos are intended to have something else added.  As time permits, I hope to add comments and summaries, after-the-fact.

There are a few more of these orphaned videos "in the hopper" for the next few days, as my wife is undergoing knee-replacement surgery tomorrow and will be recuperating after that at home.  Thus she will need at-home assistance for a few days, at least.  Other than checking email, I may not have the time or the attention span to blog.

So please bear with me.  Additionally, I am considering merging the younger Itinerant Geologist blog posts into this one, as I am not sure of the efficacy of trying to maintain its separate-but-related goals as a geo-travel blog (as present circumstances don't allow much travel).  There is intended to be more text and notes presented along with the travel videos (as suggested above).

No comments:

Post a Comment