Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Just a Personal Reminder:

I intend to post more of my own commentary and photos when time permits.  Maybe some future videos, too.  On both of my Geology blogs.

Due to family obligations and chores, I usually don't get to sit down at my laptop until 10 PM or so and by then, my energy is flagging.  [With my 66th birthday just a week away, I have a most interesting (and sometimes hectic) life.]  

After being married for almost 31 years, I was widowed about 4 and 1/2 years ago.  I remarried 2 years ago and my 2nd wife and I are the primary caretakers for her 90-year-old Mom.  Though not entirely by choice, I am semi-retired with a couple of small jobs outside the home (both of which fit my need for a flexible schedule).  

My wife's twin sister lives in the basement apartment and when she is not working outside the home, she helps with cooking and other tasks, as well.

Not complaining, but due to our obligations and my wife's Atypical Parkinson's Disease and the effects of a recent car accident (not her fault), blogging is the best way for me to engage in Geology, for right now.  Maybe the Spring will bring about a few rockhounding and photographic opportunities.

[One more consideration:  As I finished Grad School almost 30 years ago and I have been away from almost-daily teaching in a junior college setting for 6 years, I have the need to revisit and refresh (and check for changes in interpretations, too.)  In other words - homework.]

So please keep checking in.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment