Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Carolina Bay Formation--A REALLY bad day! Part 1: What are Carolina Bays



I haven't had time to properly "digest" this info, but as this is pertinent to the area around Georgia Southern University (where I received my Bachelor of Science degree in Geology), and where I worked years later with the Georgia EPD (Environmental Protection Division, DNR), it caught my attention and I needed to capture it and its two following companions.

[After some squawking when I posted these videos on Facebook, I am not taking sides.  I am capable of finding something interesting, without being a "believer" of every shiny, new thing that comes along.]

Science works best when dissenting voices are allowed to state their case.

1 comment:

  1. Could we please your permission to use this image of the Carolina Bays for our website on our own Carolina Bay article? The South Carolina Native Plant Society is a non-profit organization and we have two projects that we are preserving. Doug Lockard, Media Chair

    ReplyDelete