Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The Hubble Reef - Cohabitation Among the Waves of Squam Lake, NH



Back in the Summer of 1977, I spent a few days in the area of Squam Lake, New Hampshire.  At the time, one or two of my high school friends took the summer off from college to work at the Rockywold-Deephaven Camps resort.  (My 1974 Road Trip cohort Dave started there in 1976, I don't recall when the other one started.)  I made another short visit to the area in 1981.

While I was in the area, as my friends had to work during the day, I roamed around rockhounding, looking for old beer cans in the woods, and just exploring.  The Ruggles Pegmatite Mine, near Grafton, NH was approximately 38 miles to the southwest, and the Mount Mica Pegmatite mine, near South Paris, ME was about 80 miles to the northeast.  I was able to visit both on separate days.

The next video will be about how Squam Lake formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment