Friday, December 11, 2020

Kingman Turquoise Mine promo video


While traveling back from Phoenix in 2016 (by the "scenic route") I stopped at the Kingman Turquoise/Colbaugh Processing shop (north of Kingman, AZ) and made a few purchases (Figure 1).

Figure 1.

I was on my way from Phoenix to St. George, Utah to visit Zion National Park the following day.  I did stop along U.S. Hwy 93 a few miles north of the shop to get some distance shots of the source mine.  Though I have forgotten the mine's proper name, it is in the Cerbat Mountains (Figure 2).

Figure 2.

My visit to Kingman Turquoise was about 4 months before I met my second wife​.  In 2018 after we were married, she and her sister stopped at Kingman Turquoise (on my recommendation) as she was helping her sister move back to Georgia from the Seattle area (due to her sister's job uncertainties).  Though my wife and I haven't been able to make any western trips yet, I thought it was cool that she got to visit one of the places where I stopped in 2016.  (She picked up a few things there, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment